The Cashier is responsible for managing transactions with customers accurately and efficiently. At Chimiking Restaurant, the Cashier will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives. They will work at the front end of our restaurant, ensuring that transactions are completed accurately, and customers leave with a positive impression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle cash, credit, or check transactions with customers.
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate.
- Issue change, receipts, refunds, or tickets.
- Redeem stamps and coupons.
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones.
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the restaurant.
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas.
- Process returns and check to see if items are damaged.
- Bag, box or wrap packages.
- Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Ensure the accurate and appropriate accounting of restaurant sales.
- Proven working experience in retail cashier or sales is preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g., cash register, scanners, money counters, etc.).
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Customer satisfaction-oriented.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work long hours.
- Flexibility to work in shifts, during weekends, and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.